Replace Missing Teeth with Dependable and Life-looking Dental Implants
You’ve made it through a lot in life. Unfortunately, your teeth haven’t. Although your teeth are the hardest parts of your body, they can be vulnerable to injuries, disease, and decay. Good news! If you have lost your teeth in Brentwood, California, Brentwood Dental Care can complete your smile with beautiful and functional dental implants. Drs. Don Mungcal and Stephen Weisberg have proven records of placing different types of implants to accommodate multiple patient needs.
Our dental implant process
A dental implant is a three-part tooth replacement comprising the implant itself, abutment, and a crown or denture. The implant fixture is a titanium post that replicates your natural tooth root. Above the implant fixture, we place a small piece called the abutment that links the implant post to the prosthetic tooth. The dental prosthetic can be a crown, bridge, or denture, depending on the number of teeth lost.
A dental implant mimics your natural tooth, from the root to the crown. As you’d expect, the treatment is meticulous and not hurriedly done. Yet, the final result is truly worth the wait.
These are the steps for restoring your tooth with an implant.
- Treatment planning: We’ll discuss your medical history and overall oral health. We’ll also take digital images of your mouth to create a customized treatment plan. Where necessary, some patients may need bone grafting to prepare the bone for dental implants.
- Implant surgery: Before this outpatient surgery, we precisely numb your gums with a local anesthetic to minimize discomfort. Once comfortable, we use fully guided techniques to place your implant precisely in the bone for a successful outcome.
- Healing: Over the next 4-6 months, we’ll leave your implant to heal and integrate with the jawbone through osseointegration. After this process, the implant becomes part of your dentition to give you a lifetime of function and aesthetics.
- Abutment placement: The dentist will make a small incision on the gums to expose the implant. Then, we’ll attach an abutment that protrudes through the gum line to link the implant to the dental prosthetic.
- Tooth restoration: We usually install a dental crown to replace a single tooth, but a denture or bridge is preferable when replacing multiple teeth. Our tooth replacement options are life-looking and made to last, just like the natural tooth you lost.
In the hands of an experienced dentist, dental implants have a success rate of over 98%. Don’t be stuck with a smile that robs you of your beauty and oral function. Instead, call (310) 444-9900 for a life-changing dental implant consultation with Brentwood Dental Care.
We are located in Brentwood, CA, but we serve the surrounding locations of Westwood, Beverly Hills, Rancho Park, Mid-City, Santa Monica, West Dale, Culver City, Crestwood Hills, Riviera, The Flats, Brentwood Heights, Bel-Air, Brentwood Glen, West Hollywood, Holmby Hills, Pacific Palisades, and Malibu.
Dental implants are titanium roots, that are replaced with in the jawbone to resemble a tooth or group of teeth. A screw is inserted through the gums and into the jawbone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prosthesis including crowns, dentures, and bridges. Today’s treatments are so natural looking, no one will know you had surgery. There’s approximately a 95% success rate for all implants. With modern advances in dentistry, some implants can be restored immediately with life like all porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.